Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Another ancient poem I recently dug up

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Esoteria's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2001
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    They all leave me,
    In the end.
    March out, one after another
    In a straight line that seems to bend
    Over the horizon.

    Oh, I DO love them-
    All! Each, seperately, individually-
    Not as a facet, but EACH as a GEM.
    But they all leave me,
    In the end.

    I respect each as I should;
    I try to get all I can from the relationship.
    But they all share the same cape and hood
    And slip out in perfect sync.

    Don't think me disrespectful for
    Greeting the inevitable next with open arms-
    For as one leaves there's always more.
    And although heartbroke, I admit "new" has its charms.

    Spring gives way to winter,
    New gives way to old,
    And I (the self-hating cur)
    Am no sooner mourning than sold.

    I'm head over heels,
    Head spinning all the way.
    My stomach seems to be on wheels:
    86,400 have left me just today.

    ------------------
    This has been an Esotation.

    Esotations are proudly sponsored by the masses.

    [This message has been edited by Esoteria (edited September 17, 2001).]

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    2,688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like this. It's unique. And it rhymes *i like rhymes, call me a child* It's very nice, made me smile, and wonder, and just be happy. *nods*
    Goodwork.
    *pats you on the back*

    ------------------
    To hate is to show you still care, who needs that? Focus on what's really important.
    The best revenge, is to survive yourself.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Esoteria's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2001
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Someone rip one of my poems apart.

    Please?

    ------------------
    This has been an Esotation.

    Esotations are proudly sponsored by the masses.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    2,688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If I didn't like your poem, I would rip it apart. However, I DO like your poem. If a poems good, and I like it, I like it. If I dont, I don't. If you would read responses on previous poems you'd know this. I'm not just trying to flatter you. However I think there are quite a few people on this board that do a lot of flattering.. *rolls eyes*

    ------------------
    To hate is to show you still care, who needs that? Focus on what's really important.
    The best revenge, is to survive yourself.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 1st, 2001
    Posts
    95
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    im not feeling the last line but i liked no soon mourning...that was nice. i like the first stanza..ohh that ending. im not feeling it. its simple the meaning isnt in depth. like it doesnt take much thought to get it. and sometimes i like the ones that make u think better...just some thoughts.
    ~A~

    ------------------

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner parch's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 11th, 2001
    Posts
    453
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The first 2 stanzas worked w/ rhythmn, rhyme and so. Afterwards, I'm waiting for something that never came. Need an explanation, purpose, or something so wonderfull I can forget all that bullshit and just love it.... otherwise, I'm swimming in it by the third stanza and I never find any rafts to hold onto.

    ------------------
    I am my new Religion
    I am my non Decision

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Esoteria's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2001
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, the intent was to make it seem as though I was talking about women, and how quickly I go through them, but in fact I'm talking about time. I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but the number is how many seconds are in a day.

    I'm mourning wasted time.

    ------------------
    This has been an Esotation.

    Esotations are proudly sponsored by the masses.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Esoteria's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2001
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    PS-
    If you really want a thinker, I'll throw up one of my sonnets.

    ------------------
    This has been an Esotation.

    Esotations are proudly sponsored by the masses.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •